Text to Give Terms & Conditions
Conditions of Business for Text to Give to be held at the Welsh National Opera
Promoter: Welsh National Opera Limited, Wales Millennium Centre, Bute Place, Cardiff CF10 5AL
Responsible Person: Sophie Hughes
All profits raised from the Text to Give campaign will go towards Welsh National Opera Limited’s (WNO) return to full scale live performances in Autumn 2021and other charitable purposes
Registered Charity Number: 221538
Payment Provider: The National Funding Scheme (NFS) is a registered charity (1149800) which has developed a national tool of mobile giving – DONATETM
- The Payment Provider charges 4.5% per text as transaction fees;
- Donors may be charged their standard network rate, on top of their donation.
- All donations via text on a phone are added to the donor’s phone-bill, meaning no credit or debit card details are required for this payment method. This is PCI-compliant. (www.pcisecuritystandards.org) and no credit/debit card details are ever held by the NFS;
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or for any other matter for which liability may not be limited by law;
- The Promoter may amend these terms and conditions at any time, but will notify you of significant changes before these come into effect;
- You must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message. You must be 16 years old or over to send a text donation;
- If you have any queries about Text to Give please contact email@example.com;
- If you are a UK taxpayer, we can claim an additional 25p in Gift Aid from the Government for every £1 you donate. We’ll send you a follow up text to ask if you want to claim Gift Aid on your donation. If you follow the link in our follow up text, you’ll be taken to our website to complete the Gift Aid declaration – please read it carefully. For us to claim Gift Aid, you must pay UK income or capital gains tax this year (this does not include VAT or council tax) at least equal to the amount reclaimed on all your charitable donations. Find out more about Gift Aid here. We may include a link in the text message, and if you follow the link you will be taken to a website to complete the Gift Aid declaration. Please read the details carefully before submission.
- If your Keyword or Short Code is invalid, or if your message is received outside the times and dates of the service, you may not receive a confirmation text message but may still be charged your standard network message charge. If no confirmation text message is received, you will not be charged the Donation Value as you will not be donating to Welsh National Opera. However, if you receive the confirmation text message then you may still be charged the Donation Value, in which case your donation will still be made to Welsh National Opera.
- If you would like to contribute a different amount to Welsh National Opera you can donate online at Create. Reach. Inspire. Any donations to Welsh National Opera, including donations via text, are non-refundable, other than in specific circumstances.
- Welsh National Opera reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any updates will be posted on this website so please check back regularly. The governing law is that of England and Wales.
- Fundraising, payments and donations will be processed and administered by the National Funding Scheme, operating as DONATE, a charity registered in England and Wales (1149800) and Scotland (SC045106). In addition to any text donation, you will incur your standard network message charge (based on your service provider rates). For Terms & Conditions, see easydonate.org